Health Center Services
Services provided free of charge:
- Over-the-counter medications (Advil, Tylenol, cold medications, Mylanta, etc.)
- Evaluation and treatment for common illnesses and injuries.
- On site testing for Strep, Mono, urinalysis and pregnancy.
- Wart treatment with liquid nitrogen (Wednesday & Thursday: 9-12pm and 1-2:30 pm)
- Allergy shots given during doctors' hours (Mon, Wed and Thur) until 4:15 pm. Serum and instructions must be provided by the student. Not available during Summer.
- Women's wellness exams.
- Brochures and information about various health related topics (nutrition, stress, STIs, smoking, alcohol abuse, depression, sleep disorders, etc.)
- Crutches, knee braces, and heating pads can be checked out for a short period of time.
- Certain prescription medications (antibiotics, pain medications, skin ointments, etc.)
- Unlimited doctor visits (Mon, Wed and Thur: 3:00-4:45 pm).
- Wound care, suture (stitches) removal.
- Suturing of simple lacerations during doctors' hours.
- Tuberculosis testing.
- Flu shots (while supplies last).
- E-magazine Student Health 101 - helpful articles, exercises, cooking, etc. - http://readsh101.com/mines.html
Services available for an additional fee:
We accept cash and checks. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) - $65.
- PAP smears and other lab tests are available through the Health Center; students will be billed for these tests.
- Tetanus update (TD/Tdap) - $30/$40.
- Hepatitis A/B combo immunization - $65/dose (3).
- Hepatitis A immunization - $35/dose (2).
- Hepatitis B immunization - $40/dose (3).
- Meningitis (ACWY) immunization - $100.
- Meningitis B (Bexsero) - $160.
- HPV immunization - $190/dose (3).
- Travel Clinic - $30.
- Dental Clinic - see charges on dental page
Health Center staff will facilitate referrals to specialists/facilities for treatment not available at the Student Health Center.
PLEASE be knowledgeable about the requirements/restrictions of your health insurance plan so that we can refer you to an appropriate provider.